Our team has been working on revising our core values, mission statement, and vision statement. Below is the new edition:
1. We value Christ Centered Churches
• We believe in planting reformed covenantal churches
2. We value Discipleship
• We believe in training national elders and deacons to lead church planting movements.
• We believe in training nationals to support church planting movements.
3. We value Word and Deed ministry
• We believe all our word and deed ministries are distinct and inseparable.
• We believe all our word and deed ministries should be strongly connected to the local church.
To see vital, Christ-centered churches worshipping the true God, transforming Cambodia, and spreading God’s kingdom throughout the world.
“Vital” – We envision Spirit-led, thriving churches engaged inwardly and outwardly for the cause of Christ.
“Christ-centered” – Christ is the center of all aspects of the church including the justification, sanctification, and glorification of believers. He is the center of our message – we preach Christ and him crucified.
“Churches” – a church is defined as a body of at least ten (10)* believing non-missionary adults, gathering regularly for worship which has a pastor. These churches should hold to or work toward the reformed distinctives, including preaching the Word, administering the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and exercising church discipline. Our goal would be to have self-sustaining, self-governing, and self-propagating churches.
“Worshipping the true God” – As the people of God gather together we will focus our
attention toward God with all our heart, mind, and soul, simply revering, and honoring God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
“Transforming” – Our vision is that as the lives of the members of these churches are transformed by the gospel, the society will also be transformed. We believe the gospel affects all areas of our lives – our families, our work, and our roles in society.
“Spreading God’s kingdom” – We seek to establish churches that from the beginning have a heart for planting daughter churches. We desire to see our churches sending and supporting missionaries to neighboring countries and even to the end of the earth. We envision establishing churches that heed Christ’s Great Commission out of a heart of gratitude, worship and obedience.
* MTW defines a church plant as having at least 10 believing non-missionary adults with an identified church planter meeting regularly for worship with the intention of becoming a self-sufficient, self-governing, self-propagating church.
Called by God to seek and equip disciples who in turn make other disciples, leading to a Christ-Centered Church Planting Movement.